T R
Tracey Richardville

3 years ago
I'm ready to learn a new skill, my standard gauge garter bar.  I didn't realize what I was buying, I guess, when I got it.  It was advertised as a "garter bar" but doesn't seem to have the grooving described in better garter bars.  garter bar.jpg  Basically it's a bar with welded needle eyes spaced accordingly.  Are there any links that can help me place the knitting BACK on after turning? Or can someone describe the process? I tried it once, but the knitting ended up on top of the needles....It doesn't have any "grooves" in order to hook the yarn into.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
You are correct, this is not a garter bar.  I believe it's called a decker comb?   A Passap accessory??
J G
Joy Green

3 years ago
Hi Tracey, I bought one of those from China for transferring stitches, but the gauge wasn't correct and didn't fit? Does yours actually fit the needles?
Joy
T R
Tracey Richardville

3 years ago
if I wiggle the needles a little when trying to put on they'll go on.  I just wasn't sure how to get them off the bar and into the hooks after turning.  Honestly, I only tried one time and my knitting ended up on the top of the needles, so I told myself I needed to try to figure this out before trying again.  Unfortunately (for me), Sue, they actually advertise this as a garter bar.  Can't remember if I got from ebay or Amazon.....  I have a std gauge Studio SK303
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
This just isn't going to work as a garter bar.  It's a transfer tool.  You can use it to transfer a large number of stitches at a time. 
T R
Tracey Richardville

3 years ago
darn.....
M K
Mary Kint

3 years ago
If you want to buy a garter bar go to 
kriskrafter.com. They are a different style of garter bar but they work. They have them for different gauge machines..   Sometimes Newtons Yarn Country has standard gauge garter bars in stock....the conventional kind.  You can go to there website to get a phone number
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Here's a Knit it Now tutorial about garter bars

Also we have an entire Classroom: Garter Stitch on the machine
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC