M W
Morag Walker

3 years ago
I have knitted a woven jacket but want to line it and make it cosy as I am always cold. How do I go about this as I'm not very confident about doing this myself. So can anybody help me out please and point me in the right direction. HELP.
J L
Julie Lyons

3 years ago
I have lined a couple coat sweaters I’ve knit. Here’s what I did:

1.         After washing and blocking each piece, I let them rest for a couple of days. Then I laid them on my lining fabric like I would a tissue pattern piece when sewing. I found a wonderful lining fabric that was slippery on one side and had a very light flannel-type backing. I used the slippery side next to my body.
2.         I cut the pieces out giving myself a ½â€? seam allowance.
3.         Then I sewed the pieces together and inserted them in my coat to double check how they fit inside my coat.
4.         I did have to make a few adjustments in the lining seams, but they were minor.
5.         I turned under the edges of the lining and hand sewed them to the collar band and the front bands. These areas were not lined. Same with the sleeve hems.
6.         I tacked the lining side seams and shoulder seams to the coat in a couple of places.

My sister is still wearing the coat I knit for her 20 years ago. She loves it, but it is beginning to look a little worn. I tease her about it, and she tells me I need to knit a new one for her. She finds in very warm, even in a Minnesota winter. It slips on easily because of the silky finish of the lining.

Hoping this helps….

Julie
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC