S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Had anyone had experience with the Taitexma machines?

I understand they are Brother "clones", but haven't heard too much about them.

If you are uncomfortable commenting publicly, please contact me privately. ðŸ˜‰
Sue
A S
Ann Shephard

2 years ago
I recently bought the mid-gauge Taitexma knitter and ribber.  I like them, but have a couple concerns:
1. I bought it to replace my mid-gauge LK-150.  Unfortunately, I've learned the LK-150 is a 6.5mm machine, but the Taitexma is 6.0mm; therefore, the garter bar I bought for the LK-150 won't work with the Taitexma.
2.  I do not know where to buy replacement needles (the machine comes with 3 of them, but I may need more later)
3.  I do not know where to buy sponge bar replacements for the Taitexma.

A couple other observations are that the row counter numbers are very pale, making them a little hard to read.  The needle number strip doesn't have the numbers near the gate pegs like the Studio and Brother machines.  The numbers are very thin and are back on the strip, so they are actually under the needles, making them very hard to see.

All that being said, I don't regret my purchase.  I do like knitting with this machine.
D K
Dayana Knits

2 years ago
Hi Ann! You can get Taitexma parts from All Brands:

Needles:  https://www.allbrands.com/products/100291-taitexma-411300-plain-needle-for-th-160-knitting-m

Sponge bar:  https://www.allbrands.com/products/100292-taitexma-411301-sponge-bar-for-th-160-knitting-mac
(note that this is the whole bar with a sponge in it, but I bet that a singer or brother sponge kit from Ebay would work, too. Usually those sponges are longer than any machine and you trim them.)

My Taitexma knitter + ribber is my most used machine, I love it. But I do know everything you are talking about. My counter is not pale, but the needle strip started chipping right away. There is no 6.0mm garter bar, but for certain distances (maybe 10-15 needles), the 6.5mm can make it.

Enjoy!
dayana
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi Ann!

I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your machine! having a ribber at that gauge is a game-changer ... no?

If your row counter is not usable, please let me know and we'll get it replaced.

We are looking into manufacturing some replacement number strips

Thanks @dayna knits for the links to AllBrands.  Plus you can get replacement sponges from spongebar.com.
Shipping on just the sponge is much less than the entire bar.

Sue
A S
Ann Shephard

2 years ago
Thanks, Sue.  My row counter is usable, just not as easy to see as the one on my SK280.  I did check with spongebar.com, but they have you select your machine from a dropdown list, and the Taitexmas are not in the list yet.  

I do have another question, regarding the ribber.  In the manual, there is a section called "How to use the Accessories" (Pages 13 and 14).  Paragraph 6 says to set the Needle stoppers onto the K carriage, and paragraph 7 says to install the Pressers on the connecting arm.  Neither of these accessories are listed in the Accessories list on Page 2, and I don't seem to have them.  Page 19 says they should be installed after knitting the selvage (I assume they mean after knitting the 3 circular rows after the cast on zig-zag row) in order to make the end stitches knit properly.  Do you know if the machine was supposed to come with these parts?

Thanks in advance!

Ann
D K
Dayana Knits

2 years ago
Hi @Ann Shephard,

Yes, those items don't come with the set because I don't think they exist. I was curious about this in the manual and realized that the manual for the Taitexma KR160 ribber is actually a re-print of the discontinued Brother KR230 manual. They just didn't get rid of that part of the instructions! You can see how identical the manuals are here:  http://machineknittingetc.com/brother-kr230-ribber-user-guide.html
A S
Ann Shephard

2 years ago
Hi @Dayana Krawchuk
Oh my gosh - thanks for the info!    Good to know I can stop looking for those parts!  

Ann
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC